Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Manchester United confirm date for Rio Ferdinand testimonial

Rio-Ferdinand-says-he-feels-lucky-to-have-spent-a-large-part-of-his-career-at-Manchester-United

MANCHESTER UNITED have fixed a date for Rio Ferdinand's testimonial match.

Ferdinand, who recently signed a new one-year deal, will start against La Liga outfit Sevilla on Friday 9 August ahead of United's Community Shield meeting with Wigan Athletic.The centre-back, who smashed the British transfer record when he signed for the Premier League champions for £30m from Leeds in 2002, said he feels 'lucky' to have played for United.

He said: "This is going to be a big night for me as well as an emotional one.

"I cannot believe where those ten years have gone and I am lucky to have spent them here at Manchester United.

"This club is unique in every way, the history and drive of the place is unbelievable, it spurs everyone to succeed.  

Manchester United, Rio Ferdinand, testimonial 

"The fans are the best in the world, their commitment is amazing and I have appreciated their support throughout my career.
"I hope they enjoy the night as much as I intend to."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment