Pages

Sunday 25 May 2014

Gareth Bale hails unbelievable Champions League triumph


REAL MADRID'S £86m superstar Gareth Bale insisted the mega fee didn't weigh on his mind as he completed a memorable double in his first season at the Bernabeu.
Bale sparked a goal rush for Carlo Ancelotti's side in extra-time after defender Sergio Ramos levelled the scores dramatically in the 93rd minute.

Argentinian Angel di Maria embarked on a mazy run but saw his shot parried into Bale's path who expertly nodded in from a tight angle.

"For me the price tag means nothing," the Welshman said to Sky Sports.

"If I came for a penny I wanted to play well and play in big competitions and win trophies like we have this season and obviously the move has paid off."
The Welshman admitted that he feared the match was getting away from Real. 

"I started to have a little feeling [that it wasn't going to be my night] but I've learned to keep going, forget about chances missed and keep going and eventually one will come.

"Thankfully I got a decisive goal. I was just thinking do not miss it.

"The celebrations from the fans means everything for me. It was an unbelievable feeling lifting the trophy, one you can't describe and it will be a memory forever."
[express]

No comments:

Post a Comment